Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hello? Is that GOD calling....

http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2008/04/get_good_karma.html#more
Now what I know about Buddhism could be written on a very small post-it note, so I'm not going to try and offend people by pretending I'm up to date on their philosophies. I will say however that I'm pretty sure 24 carat gold bling doesn't fit in with the whole 'no emphasis on worldly possessions' mantra. Anyhoo, the phone is still a fairly enviable piece of kit, emblazoned with all sorts of Buddhist sigils and even customized ring-tones. Hello? Is that god calling? It's a Nokia N70 that's been customized to an extreme degree, with scriptures installed in the phone, for the more fervent follower.

Click at "Read me..." to continue


There's even a piece of jade embedded in the phone which is said to ward off evil spirits, and it comes with a micro SD card with images and statues of scriptures installed upon it. Hmm. Quite how actual Buddhists will feel about this I'm not sure. The question is, will this or the Buddha machine fill you with more zen?

http://www.shinyshiny.tv/2008/04/get_good_karma.html#more


Click at the picture to enlarge









No comments: